- Written by Anna Belle Gray Wilson in her early 90s (ca. 2001).
- The aunt she refers to could be her mother’s younger sister, Myrtle Thompson Holleman, who had three sons.
- The grandmother she mentions must be her mother’s mother, Anna Gordon Thompson. As an infant and until she was 7 years old, Anna Belle lived with her maternal grandparents. Her father’s parents both died before she was born.
- For history on and to see the beautiful Hoyt’s Cologne labels, go to this website.
- Click on the photo below to see it full screen.